Digital Lancaster is a part of Digital Lancashire, a not-for-profit community interest company dedicated to accelerating the digital economy in Lancashire.
The launch event is a discussion group with a specially selected panel of digital business leaders and interested parties.
There will be an opening talk by Stewart Townsend, Managing Director of Digital Lancashire, followed by a talk from Susan Parsonage, the Chief Executive of Lancaster City Council.
Then all attendees will be asked to break into smaller groups to discuss the identified main challenges facing digital businesses in Lancaster and how they can be remedied. The groups will then report back to the group where the issues will be discussed with the panel and all the attendees.
Confirmed for the panel is:
- Cat Smith MP – MP for Lancaster & Fleetwood
- David Durnford – CEO of Lancaster based digital agency Fat Media
- Michael Ashworth – MD & Founder of Lancaster based digital agency Nublue
- Luke Massie – Founder of Lancaster based Vibe Tickets
- Andrew Leeming – Senior Project Officer at Lancashire County Council and Boost Business Lancashire
The panel and discussion will be chaired by Michael Gibson, Chairman of Digital Lancashire and former MD at Fat Media.
As we’re limited in space, we’d like to open invitations to the following people who live in Lancaster or the surrounding area:
- Business Owners of digital companies
- Digital Professionals in non-digital companies
- Digital Freelancers
- Non-Digital business owners with an interest in digital