- Buffet Lunch & Networking (11.30am to 12.00pm)
- Welcome and General Introduction (12.00pm)
- Craig Hines – Project Manager – Vedas
Continuous improvement with IT
Vedas Services are the people development specialists, based in Burnley, Lancashire. As a growing, multifunctional organisation Vedas faces the same challenges as many other organisations when it comes to IT – providing an efficient and easy to use service, effective policies and procedures plus improving administration and operations – all on a tight budget. Craig will explain some of the key challenges being addressed and the IT solutions being put in place.
- Claire Bennett – Charity Manager – PAC (Positive Action In The Community)
How a five year IT strategy delivered award-winning results at PAC
PAC is an award-winning charity, working across Pendle, Rossendale and Burnley. They provide supported accommodation to homeless young people, support to adults and children affected by domestic violence and early support to families who are struggling. Claire will describe the five year journey PAC has been on to implement innovative new IT based working practices based on a new software solution across its multiple projects and sites.
- Our IT Forum Debating Duo – Chris and Richard – Cloud V On Premis servers
Chris (Director, Lighten Ltd) and Richard (Director, Black Bear IT Solutions Ltd) will put forward the pro’s and con’s for Cloud computing versus a more traditional on-premis server setup within a business.
• Cloud computing is the practice of using a network of remote servers hosted on the internet to store, manage and process data. Cloud computing is often available as a managed service with activities such as backups and security provided by a Cloud Computing supplier.
• On-premis servers are the use of an organisation’s own servers on a local network in its own buildings. It is typically the organisation’s responsibility to manage and administer the server to provide users access to the software they need.
- Chris Hunter, Creative Director – HM Network Ltd
There is a severe lack of awareness around the upcoming GDPR, and Lancashire businesses need help understanding how the changes in the law will impact them.Chris has been a key figure in Lancashire running the GDPRexpress a series of free events, helping organisations of all sizes make sense of the new regulations. Chris will be providing a shorter stronger “GDPRespresso” version touching on GDPR, Cyber Security and helping businesses think privacy by design.
- Andrew Dewhurst, Managing Director – Affilius Group
IT Download – Andrew will conclude the forum with a brief discussion of current topics relating to technology and share key tips to help you improve your business performance.
- Any Other Business
- Next Forum – 12th September 2018
IT Free Support Clinic – from 2.00pm, members of Affilius Group and our guest speakers will be available to answer any individual questions or queries you may have in relation to your organisation.https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lancashire-it-employers-forum-tickets-45101706418?aff=Partners